- Chair appoints an election chair for each of the three senates.
- Secretary collects the professional head count for each senate by April 1.
- First two weeks: Secretary determines how many representatives are needed for each senate—one representative for each ten professionals or portion thereof. Secretary informs each senate's election chair of expiring terms and number of senators to be elected from each senate.
- Last two weeks: Each senate holds nominations and elections.
- Senates report results to the secretary. Secretary distributes results to staff.
- Joint senate meeting including outgoing and incoming senators.
- Secretary prepares membership mailing list for review.
- Chair proposes agenda items for year and establishes committees: Outstanding Faculty Committee, Web Committee, etc.
- New senate elects officers and establishes contact person for each senate.
- New senate terms begin.